Whether you work for a boss, or for yourself, you’ve likely noticed that there always seems to be that one person who always gets ahead, even though they’re not the brightest, or most skilled of the bunch. So, why is that? Well, if everything else is above board, it’s most likely because they’re using intuition at work!
We’re brought up that success comes from being smart and being able to apply our knowledge and if you look at any business school or MBA program they focus on fundamentals in sales, marketing, negotiation etc. But the TRUE secret to success lies in being able to make choices quickly and decisively and people who use their intuition at work ultimately have a leg-up because they’re able to do just that!
If you ask me who should develop their inner guidance, I would say that’s like asking who should develop acute hearing and sight!
Everyone can benefit – in SO many capacities. For the purposes of this post, I wanted to focus on how having well-honed biz intuition muscle can make all the difference between slogging away in a cubicle or lounging in the corner office!
Here are FIVE WAYS USING INTUITION AT WORK WILL GIVE YOU A “LEG-UP”
- It will make your job EASIER! Most people who live intuitively know when you’re not in alignment with your career. You get a vibe to shift it to something that makes you feel happier and more fulfilled (been there, done that). When your career (and who you are at the deepest soul level) line up, things FLOW, and you don’t have to scrape and claw and fight your way to success. Can you say hello easy button?!
- Intuition = creativity. How many times have you tried to THINK your way to inspiration? It doesn’t work, does it? The word INSPIRE comes from Latin meaning, “In Spirit” and the only way to get that, is to tap into the inner wisdom within you. It will always come up with a creative way to solve a problem or give you that a-ha or eureka idea you’d been searching for.
- Recalculating Your Route – Intuitive guidance is like a sheep herding dog or GPS. When you get off track, your inner guidance will come nipping at your heels. If you’re paying attention to that inner voice, you will recognize it easily. That way, you can course correct quickly when you’re straying down a path that’s taking you on a detour away from your goals and desires.
- A Rock-Solid B.S. Detector – When your intuitive muscle is strong, you immediately know if something feels off or if the person you just met (or are planning a business deal with) is full of sh*t! This is an infinitely powerful skill to have in the workforce!!! Enough said!
- Is this a STOP sign? If you’ve been working for a while, then you’ve probably experienced your fair share of apprehension or fear about moving forward in some way. Oftentimes people will ask me, how do I know if that’s just my ego trying to keep me safe or if it’s really the Universe trying to tell me it’s a no-go? Easy answer is, your intuition will let you know. So, there’s another reason to start building that biz intuition muscle, right
NEED ANOTHER REASON to start using intuition at work?
If you look at HIGHLY successful people (we’re talking people like Steve Jobs, Richard Branson and Oprah) you will see that they know this little secret of using intuition at work.
In fact, Oprah herself said…
“For all the major moves in my life—to Baltimore, to Chicago, to own my show, and to end it—I’ve trusted my instincts. I take in all the information I can gather. I listen to proposals, ideas, and advice. Then I go with my gut, what my heart feels most strongly. And I often tell friends: When you don’t know what to do, do nothing. Get quiet so you can hear the still, small voice—your inner GPS guiding you to true North.”
Now I’d LOVE to hear from you. If we were having coffee together, and you could tell me what areas of your life you’d like to be able to get clear guidance about, what would those be? What struggles do you have in using your inner guidance to help steer you through life and biz? Go ahead and share that too! (Let me know in the comments below).
PS: If you’re a spiritually-minded woman who’s overwhelmed and confused by info overload from experts, mentors, webinars, podcasts, books etc. (and you’d like to know how to cut through the “noise” of what your head and everyone else is telling you), I would be more than happy to schedule a time to help. Simply complete this brief questionnaire and we’ll set up a complimentary clarity check-up to talk about how to know what’s optimal for YOU, so you can make clear, confident life and biz decisions with ease.